Tuesday 26 April 2011

Is change good?

I’ll leave this question open, but many people to whom I speak seem quite keen on it. I think that change is good in the sense of us learning more everyday, in bringing some new opportunities and challenges. On the other hand there is the nice old saying that one should not fix, what is not broken; but the question is whether it can be improved? Are there any large changes that occurred rapidly that were good (coming of the Lord)? Where there any that were bad (commies)?

2 comments:

  1. This is a absolutely HUGE topic! I was actually planning to write a series of blog posts about change as part of a series about Conservatism. I'll get on that when my exams are over! But regarding your comments about learning and change as destruction, it makes me think of a wise phrase Gandalf said to Saruman in Tolkien's Lord of the Rings: "He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know it is a huge topic, but similarly - I have exams; and I thought that I need to post at least something hence the 2 wee posts. They might make people think and thats what I want - thinking people!

    ReplyDelete